Health System Strengthening (HSS)
“A well-functioning health system working in harmony is built on having trained and motivated health workers, a well-maintained infrastructure, and a reliable supply of medicines and technologies, backed by adequate funding, strong health plans and evidence-based policies”.
LVCT Health provides technical support in building the capacity of the Counties towards ownership and utilization of high quality and sustainable HIV, TB, GBV, SRH and FP/RMNCAH and Nutritional services as well as support the mainstreaming of HSS in all program areas.
Our Strategic Focus
Governance & Leadership
- Annual Workplan Review,
- County Integrated Development Plans and participation,
- MoUs signed support for universal health coverage and primary health care networks
- Risk and pre-award assessments conducted in counties with subsequent issuing of sub-agreements.
- Capacity build s/CHMTs on USG finance and compliance regulations, expenditure tracking and expenditure reporting and grant management towards preparation for G2G funding and providing financial oversight for HIV/TB service interventions
- Support joint work-plan co-creation meeting with the CHMT, Sensitize County and Sub County HIV and TB coordinators on HIV service delivery integration & performance monitoring towards ownership
Human Resources for Health
- Facility HRH engagement, Rationalization, and Appraisals, participate in recruitment by Counties (indicate no. s and data, and EMR)
- Support successful implementation of the PEPFAR transition roadmap
- Provide training, mentorship and twinning support for county staff to have technical capacity for effective transition of PEPFAR programs.
Capacity strengthening of counties to deliver integrated quality health services aligned to LVCT Health strategic areas