LVCT Health implements community health systems and research targeting vulnerable and most marginalised members of the community. Since 2009 we have supported the government in implementing community strategy and used lessons learnt to inform Policies at county and national levels. We use community-based participatory methods to ensure community participation in service delivery for meaningful engagement and accountability.
We have implemented community health research that has informed policy and practice.
LVCT Health is a member of the National and Global Community Health Worker (CHW) technical working groups (TWG) and has contributed to the development and revision of National and County level documents.
Our Strategic Focus
- Strengthen Community Strategy implementation in supported counties
- Community based health providers (CHWs, Peer educators, social workers etc), are adequate, appropriately trained, equipped and motivated
- Increase delivery of quality services by community actors
- Developed key policy documents in community health – Community strategy 2020-2025, Quality improvement facilitators manual for level one including Community strategy document 2020-2024, Community Health Committee (CHC) curriculum, National community Health digitization strategy 2020-2025 and the Quality improvement facilitators manual for level o
- Developed the initial COVID 19 messages and broadcasted the messages to 18 Counties- CHV Counties (Narok, Nyamira, Nyandarua, Nyeri, Samburu, Siaya, Tharaka Nithi, Turkana, Vihiga and West Pokot) reaching 11,487 CHVs, AYP and KP Counties (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi, Kisumu, Migori, Homabay, Siaya, Kiambu and Kisii) through 1190 toll number reaching 38523 young people and 487 Peer educators.
- Established more than 50 community- facility quality improvement teams at the community and sub county levels through a phased training model.
- Disseminated the Quality standards for community Health services for level one including recommendations for revision
- Contributed to the development of the National and County Community health services bills (Nairobi, Migori)